Make returning to the office fun
Investment: €500 per 20 players
The world of work has been disrupted like never before. Reintroducing employees to the physical workplace will take time, but make that first week back memorable with a fun and immersive murder mystery game by crime writer Fiona Sherlock.
Her virtual murder mysteries have been played by over 20,000 players, including corporate organisations like Goldman Sachs, Zurich, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn and a range of banks, institutions, schools and voluntary organisations around the world. Now staff are returning to the workplace, or should we say the scene of the crime! Murder On The Second Floor is a scripted game by crime writer, Fiona Sherlock.
– Treasure hunt style game with fun narrative
– Reintroduce staff to their new office set up
– Encourage teamwork and interpersonal skills
– Supportive of inclusive organisational culture
– Plug and play with an easy printable set up
What’s included in my game?
You will receive everything you need to host an unforgettable experience for returning to the office. Somewhere between a murder mystery, an escape room and a treasure hunt – Mystery on the Second Floor is a full, immersive experience to get staff reacquainted with the office and new ways of working.
- Host guide detailing how to host and plan the game
- Evidence dossier for each player containing a range of fun resources including the victim’s suspicious emails, diary entries, memos and pieces of evidence
- Printable prop pack including crime scene tape, mugshot backdrop and prisoner ID number
- Certificate of sleuthing – a fun keepsake certifying the participation of your team
About Fiona Sherlock
- Bespoke Murder Mystery is the brainchild of crime writer Fiona Sherlock, who wanted to create fun and immersive mystery games to create unforgettable experiences to bring people together to have good, old-fashioned F-U-N
- She is an internationally-published crime writer (author of Twelve Motives for Murder and Preserved) and newspaper columnist with the Sunday Independent, the current Meath Writer-In-Residence and student at Cambridge University
The return to the office will be a landmark career memory for your staff. With staff now highly mobilised and willing to move jobs for the right opportunity, creating a space for creativity and personality in your organisation has never been so important. This is just the event to boost staff morale and engagement.
Benefits for Managers
- Boost Team Morale
- Problem solving skills
- Appeal to different aspects of your team’s personalities through role play, dress up and solving a murder!
Benefits for Teams
- Team Connection
- Mental Health Support with colleagues
- See another side of your colleagues and yourself
- Fun and break from the norm
Let’s make that return memorable
Frequently Asked Questions
When will I receive my game?
You will receive all of your game materials by the end of September, 2021. Before that, you’ll receive regular updates and tips for planning your event.
How much preparation is involved?
It takes about an hour to prepare a game for twenty players, including printing evidence packs. No matter where you’re located, this pack will create a high impact event, guaranteeing that your staff return to the workplace relaxed and ready to engage with the colleagues.
Can you host the event?
We can provide wraparound event management services. The game is designed to be easy to host, but if you would like our help with administration, event hosting on the day, actors, or would like us to manage other suppliers we have a number of hosted slots available, which will be delivered in line with public health advice and are transferable and subject to change. However we will allocate dates that suit you based on the earliest bookings first:
Hosted events begin at €140/£120 per person and include all game aspects. To reserve a date, please email email@example.com with your order number.
How long does the game take to play?
Depending on the skill of your players, approximately 45 – 90 minutes.
Do I need to print this game?
We’re very conscious that organisations are keen to reduce their carbon footprint, therefore we deliver our games in PDF format. This reduces the need to transport and warehouse bulky paper good stock when the files can be easily printed at an office location. If you do opt for us to host your event and arrange printing, we will work directly with your local print shop to ensure the carbon footprint is as minimal as possible.
You can choose not to print this game at all if your employees have access to a tablet they can easily browse PDFs, but that’s a choice for your organisation. Having printed goods can add to the tactility of the event.
Can I purchase the game for commercial use?
If you’re an events company, training company, create a fun and innovative event for your clients. Purchase your commercial licence here. (Subject to contract – author retains copyright)